This necklace features the following unique materials:
- Recycled glass beads, handmade by artisans in the West African country of Ghana. Each bead is individually handcrafted through a traditional process passed down from generation to generation. The steps involve crushing glass into tiny pieces, placing it in a mold, and then heating the crushed glass at high temperatures in a clay oven. Different types of glass are used including old cola bottles, broken tiles and windows, and other types of repurposed glass.
- Coconut shell chips and discs, handcrafted and dyed using natural coconut shell. Coconuts are an important fruit in many parts of Africa. Not only are they admired for their nutritious value, but also for the byproducts of the fruit itself. No piece is left to waste as the masterful artisans clean, dry, and cut beads out of raw coconut shell. Coconut beads are often appreciated for their light weight and natural look.
- Handcarved Kenyan bone beads are handcrafted by artisans using recycled cow bone. Each bead is individually carved and polished, and is truly one of a kind.
- Handcarved bone beads from the mountainous regions of Java, Indonesia.
- Glass beads from Java, Indonesia that are modeled after traditional French cross trade beads. French cross beads were originally produced in Venice and traded throughout Africa.
Shipping & Returns
Shipping & Returns
All sales are final. No returns, refunds or exchanges.
All orders received by 5pm CST will be shipped the following business day (Monday - Friday). Shipping within the US is shown below.
Economy Shipping ($3.95) - Items will be carefully wrapped with bubble wrap and shipped in a bubble polymailer. Seller is not responsible for any damage that may occur during shipping.
Premium Shipping ($6.95) - Items will be shipped in a cardboard box for extra protection. Seller will refund or replace items should any damage occur during shipping.
International shipments will be shipped with premium shipping at the current postal rates.
Buy more and save!
All jewelry is always Buy 2, Get 1 Free!
Use code "B2G1" at checkout!